5 silly ways I have woken up my sleeping baby
Despite the fact that there are times when my 9 week old baby Zara terrifies me because she is in such a deep sleep and doesn’t seem to wake up no matter what I do she generally is a pretty light sleeper. I spend most of my day trying to convince her to go to sleep and then usually accidentally wake her up in the most irritating ways. Here are just a few of the ways I’ve woken her up.
- Tripping over her play mat. Zara has a kick and play mat with a piano that plays music. I accidentally kicked the piano setting the music off and causing her to wake up.
- Feedback on the monitor. I went too near the monitor with the hand held bit and it made the loudest feedback sound!
- Coughing. An unexpected cough and splutter always seems to wake her up.
- Text messages interrupting her white noise. Zara sleeps with the sound of running water playing on my phone but if I get a text it interrupts the white noise.
- Turning a page in a book! I’m not joking. I simply turned the page in a book whilst she was napping next to me on the sofa and her eyes flew open!