Week 15: Things you like about spring
Well this is a nice light hearted post. When I think about what I like about the different seasons summer wins hands down (maybe because I’m a teacher and get 6 weeks off in summer). Winter is second because Christmas is in winter and then Spring comes in third. Here are some things to be grateful for in Spring.
Lighter evenings. It makes the day feel so much longer (although is a pain for putting babies to bed). Sunglasses and scarfs. I love a slightly chilly day where you need sunglasses but it is still cold enough for a scarf. Daffodils. I love them. They look pretty at the side of the road and they look pretty in my house! Easter. As a Christian Easter is such an important time of year and an opportunity to celebrate what Jesus did on the cross. (I do also very much like Easter eggs).
Week 16: Simple things in life
As the song says ‘little things mean a lot’. Sometimes the simplest things can turn a day around. I decided to give myself 3 minutes to list as many simple things I am grateful for as I can.
- Weetabix (when I’m up in the night with Zara I genuinely look forward to morning so I can eat weetabix. When she was really little and up all night I used to eat it at 4am)
- Zara giggling
- Zara smiling
- White wine
- People letting you out at a busy junction
- Other mums smiling at you (it used to be runners…now it’s mums)
- Random people (especially older people) stopping me in the street to admire Zara
- Chai latte
- When Starbucks do pretty cups
- Remembering there is a mars bar in the side pocket of the car door when Zara is screaming and I forgot to take any lunch out with me